Off-Ice Hockey Training | Royal Oak Hockey Trainers
Elite Strength Training Programs Customized for Hockey Athletes
Michigan Elite Conditioning for Athletes (MECA) provides personalized programs for hockey players of all abilities, from junior levels up through the National Hockey League (NHL) and American Hockey League (AHL).
Our professional hockey trainers understand that the demands of hockey are vastly different from other sports. Our trainers start by evaluating several different components of your physical fitness and discuss gaps you need to bridge in order to achieve ultimate success on the ice. Then your personal hockey trainer develops an individualized training program unique to your needs and goals.
MECA hockey trainers leverage their deep experience and education while considering your current physical state. Then they design the ideal strength training and nutrition plan to prepare you for superior hockey performance.
Hockey players who train at MECA typically improve their bench press by 60 pounds in as few as 12 weeks.
MECA-trained hockey players can benefit from:
- Professional hockey trainers with a combined 20-plus years of experience training more than 100 hockey players
- Personalized training plans and one-on-one coaching
- Increased short-term speed on the ice
- More power and functional core strength
- Strength improvements that translate directly to hockey performance
- Access to our premium facility with some of the world’s best strength training equipment and a 55-yard indoor track for plyometrics and speed training
MECA professional hockey trainers can help you achieve maximum results, quickly, through your personalized plan. We’ll empower you to make dramatic improvements that directly impact your performance on the ice.
Our Science-Backed Hockey Training Process
We’ve had the pleasure of working with hockey players in the NHL, AHL, Division 1 Collegiate Hockey, Kontinental Hockey League (KHL), and every hockey level down to juniors and youth. Through this experience, we’ve perfected our approach. MECA hockey trainers use a science-based approach to strength training that delivers the quickest results.
Our specially tailored hockey training techniques are designed to optimize growth and development. Our one-on-one style of hockey training is one of the keys to success. Your MECA personal hockey trainer will continually re-evaluate your progress and adjust your plan to deliver ongoing results while also reducing your injury risk.
What to expect from our personalized hockey training programs:
- Evaluation of upper and lower body structural balance
- Metabolic analysis through a 14-site body fat test
- Custom diet plan to improve body composition and overall health
- Neurological and brain testing to asses central nervous system functioning
- Strength training to boost speed and explosiveness on the ice
- Plyometric exercises to increase power
- Hockey-specific conditioning
Your MECA personal hockey trainer will adjust your training program by changing the exercises, repetitions and sets at each workout. This constantly challenges your body to adapt and stimulate growth. This process addresses muscle weakness while building core strength and explosive power.
Our Sports Nutritionist Helps Maximize Hockey Training
As an added service for our hockey training athletes, we offer a sports nutritionist on-staff. This integrative nutrition professional helps fix nutritional deficiencies and imbalances to make way for better health and optimal healing. Our sports nutritionist will work with your personal hockey strength coach to incorporate nutrition and supplements into your training plan. A nutrition program customized to your unique body’s needs can sustain greater endurance, speed, strength and better general health.
Take the First Step with a Hockey Athletic Assessment
Contact us today to schedule a hockey athletic assessment and tour our state-of-the art personal training facility in Royal Oak. Take your first step toward becoming stronger, faster, more conditioned and more competitive than ever.
MECA-Trained Elite Hockey Athletes
Sault Saint Marie Greyhounds/Anaheim Ducks
Hockey Training Client Testimonials
– Austin Levi, Charlotte Checkers Defenseman
– Jaycob Megna, Nebraska-Omaha, Defenseman and NHL prospect
– Brendan Rons, Hockey Player
– Jack Kopacka, Anaheim Ducks
Are You Ready to Take Your Hockey Performance to the Next Level?
Get ready to become the strongest and fastest player that you can possibly be, more conditioned and competitive than ever! Contact us today to schedule a hockey athletic assessment and tour our state-of-the-art facility.